vivo v9 Android smartphone. vivo v9Announced Mar 2018. Features 6.3″ IPS LCD display, Snapdragon 626 chipset, Dual: 16 MP + 5 MP primary camera, 24 MP front camera, 3260 mAh battery, 64 GB storage, 4 GB RAM.
Vivo V9 is officially launched in India, which is the first Android phone in the Indian market, available with Display-Notch. Asus has first introduced its display-notch smartphones, but there is no information about their available and priced in India.
The V9’s most attractive and premium feature is its Notch-Display. According to today’s trend, the notch-display seems very attractive but Vivo V9 is not just about this, we have been using V9 for the last few days to see if this is a value for money device or not.
- Attractive design
- Great display
- Quite good selfie camera
- Separate memory card slot
- No fast charging
Vivo V9 price in India
Vivo V9 will be available for sale in India from April 2 for the price of Rs 22,990. Here, if you pre-book phone from Amazon India, then there are some launch offers along with the phone such as One-time Screen Replacement, Book My Show Voucher, 2000 Price Exchange Price, and No Cast EMI.
Also Read :-
What will Vivo get with V9?
- Soft TPU case
- Charging Adapter (5A-2A)
- Micro USB cable (Type-A)
- Pre-installed screen protector
Vivo V9 Design and Build
- 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.99mm; 150 grams
- Glass-finish polycarbonate back.
- 19:9 Full view Notch display
Vivo has always preferred design for his phone. This is also because it is focused on selling your phone on the offline retail market – and in the first impression we feel that this device is quite solid.
Whether or not some people like the Notch-Display, but this device will give you premium look and feel at first glance. You will feel great when you see the phone and you will not be able to see it.
From the front side, you will see a very slight bezel with the big display of the phone, along with just a slight downside. You can remove navigation bar like iPhone X’s gesture so that you can get full-bezel less experience. The glass-finish back panel is slightly curved with edges, which looks good enough to have plastic used as material. Glass-finish phones have the most hassle marks, which can be removed by putting the back cover.
The company has given a soft TPU case with the phone which stuffs the dual camera Bump so that the camera is safe. Despite the 6.3-inch display display panel, the phone can be used very easily. There is only a shortage of micro-USB ports, which is given below.
- Vivo V9 is stylish and looks impressive, there is no doubt in it. This is only if you like Notch in your Android device. We are guessing that most people will love this.
- Apart from the display on the front you will see a bezel bar just below the slim A glass finish has been given to the backcake of Polycarbonate, which makes the phone more attractive.
- Glass-finish looks quite attractive and given the rotation is also perfect, which gives good grip. Despite the large display size, the phone is quite comfortable to use.
- All buttons and ports, and fingerprint sensors (rear) can be easily used. The phone is quite comfortable to walk
- Face unlock is very fast.
- There is a dedicated slot for the MicroSD card in the SIM tray. Loudspeakers and audio jacks are located at the bottom edge.
- In India, it will be available in Pearl Black, Champagne Gold and Safari Blue colors.
Vivo V9 Display
- 6.3-inch FHD Incell IPS LCD, Gorilla Glass 3
- Eye protection mode, Auto brightness
In Vivo V9 you have been given a 6.3-inch Incell IPS LCD display. FHD + resolution panel meets with 19: 9 screen ratio. This is normally the 18: 9 panel, in which the 1: 9 layer extras for the Notch have been added.
We are very satisfied with the display quality. Here, you have not been given any option to change the color temperature by itself, but the default setting is quite good. You can also adjust adjustable eye-protection mode in V9.
Notch status is given at the bar only. Talking about the iPhone X, any application can never be extended to the Notch. In other words, the Notch may have probably come in the way of your work. Apart from these the software given on the phone adds the color of the status bar with the application you have run, which gives you a much better experience.
The status bar or the notch strip at the top and the navigation bar at the bottom, when you watch a video in landscape mode, they do not disappear / disappear, which reduces the viewing area of the video.
- Vivo V9 has a good quality FHD+ IPS LCD panel protected by 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3.
- Colors are vibrant and viewing angles are wide.
- Outdoor visibility is good and auto-brightness control is supported.
- Despite the notch, the status bar has room for all conventional indicators we need.
- The notch doesn’t get in the way as apps don’t extend all the way to the top.
Vivo V9 Camera
- Rear: 16MP, F/2.0 aperture + 5MP, F/2.4 Aperture
- Front: 24MP, F/2.0 aperture
- AR stickers, studio lighting, Live photos, Slo-motion videos, 4K Video recording.
Vivo V9 has a lot of new cameras in the camera. Dual camera setup in the rear side has been given. In Portrait Mode you can adjust the aperture, which can adjust the background color of the blur and the focus’s focus circle size.
There is also a lot of things in professional mode which you will love. In good light, the image looks quite sharp and alive. In low-light the camera takes an extra seconds to focus, which can be improved.
24MP photo camera is relatively much more impressive and fun. V9 can also capture good enough stays in indoor lighting. You can enjoy using AR stickers which work similarly to Samsung’s social camera. Vivo also includes self-lighting effects (like portrait lighting) which you can use while editing yourself selfie.
- The rear camera can capture sharp and vibrant images in proper lighting. Colors are well balanced
- Rear camera performance deteriorates in low and indoor light. Camera struggles to focus.
- The camea includes numerous shooting modes, including live pictures and an effective professional mode.
- The portrait mode requires you to put in some efforts before you get desirable results.
- The selfie camera quality is pretty good and the software is quite efficient.
- AR stickers and portrait lighting are fun too.
Vivo V9 Performance and Software
- 2.2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 626
- 4GB RAM; 64GB storage. Separate card slot.
- Android 8.1 Oreo-based Funtouch OS 4.0
Vivo V9 has the Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 chipset. This is the same chipset as last year but it is quite reliable. 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage is quite helpful in enhancing the phone’s performance.
As a software, V9 will find you running on the latest Android Oreo 8.1. If we compare it with Oreo 8.0 then here you will find some small changes in the new Android version like battery indicator for Bluetooth device and Picture-In-Picture mode for Netflix.
The FunTouch OS skin which is given in the phone is heavily influenced by iOS. The software can be said quite attractive and smart. From a normal drag-down gesture you will be able to search the device and take it to the option. Some pre-installed third-party apps have been provided in the phone but you can delete them.
- Day-to-day performance is very smooth. High-end games run well too.
- Out of 64GB storage, around 52GB is free at user end. The dedicated card slot accepts up to 256GB of microSD storage
- The Funtouch 4.0 OS on top is feature rich and intuitive.
- The software has been tuned to accommodate the display notch.
- 4G VoLTE is supported on both SIM cards. We didn’t face any connectivity issue.
- The fingerprint sensor is fast and responsive.
Vivo V9 Battery and Audio
- 3620mAh; no fast charging
- Mono speake
Vivo V9 comes with 3260mAh battery. With moderate usage, we are getting a backup of more than a day continuously. The software automatically eliminates the application that uses more power than required. But you can add apps to the whitelist that you want to keep going. This device is not fast charging supported.
This time Vivo has not given any HiFi audio in their device. Audio quality is quite satisfactory. The loudspeaker is normally fast and clean and headphone output is also very good quality.
- Thanks to the power efficient hardware and software, battery backup is very good. The phone comfortably lasts for one-day of moderate to heavy use.
- Fast charging isn’t supported though.
- You can whitelist apps that you need to keep running in the background irrespective of power consumption.
- This generation, Vivo hasn’t included HiFi audio, but the audio output is pretty good nonetheless
vivo v9 Thought
Here is the design of Vivo V9’s biggest genius. You will get a lot of premium as soon as you take the phone in hand. This will give you a slightly better experience with Radmi Note 5 Pro as the performance in Radio Note 5 Pro may get a little better but Vivo goes ahead in the design.
V9 has a good quality display, a reliable performer, a proper camera setup for camera and most basic features have been provided.
As expected, Vivo V9 is more expensive than other online options with similar hardware, but it also has an impact on the offline phone and marketing cast.
If you are a general user who is a selfie fanatic and Vivo V9 can be a great option for people who design the design.
vivo v9 Gallery